ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL: The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can. The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data. But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Job Profile: Intern 1, Engineering
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
Exp Needed: Freshers
Work location: Bangalore
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Stays current with firmware development methodologies.Typical activities include design and implantation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, drivers for HW cores and implementation of storage interfaces like SAS, SATA to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
• Develops embedded firmware for disk drives.
• Firmware development is done primarily in C++ on multiple environments: FPGA, Simulator, Final product.
• Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
• Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
• Works with cross-functional teams to develop disk drive products.
• Assists in finding the root cause for disk drives that have failed for apparent firmware related issues.
• Participates in cross-functional meetings to resolve development issues.
• Assists in developing and validating solutions for issues related to disk drive firmware.
• Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations.Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development
- Bachelors CS, CE, EC or equivalent requiredStrong programming skills (C, C++ Java).
- Previous RTOS experience advantage. (e.g. uCOS/ThreadX/MQX/VxWorks/Embedded Linux)
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
- Capable of developing system view for complex embedded systems Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click here