Are you looking for a good Online course to learn something new? Learning a new skill is considered to be very tough and is everyone’s dream but the vision and the way to achieve it is a big struggle. One of the ways to enhance your Technical skills is ‘UDEMY COURSES‘, have you ever heard of this? if not here we go…..
1. What is Udemy?
Udemy is a platform or marketplace for online learning. Unlike academic MOOC programs driven by traditional collegiate coursework, Udemy provides a platform for experts of any kind to create courses which can be offered to the public, either at no charge or for a tuition fee. Udemy provides tools which enable users to create a course, promote it and earn money from student tuition charges.
No Udemy courses are currently credentialed for college credit; students take courses largely as a means of improving job-related skills. Some courses generate credit toward technical certification. Udemy has made a special effort to attract corporate trainers seeking to create coursework for employees of their company.
Udemy‘s mission is to improve lives through learning. Their global marketplace features an extensive, multi-language library, which includes over 65,000 courses taught by expert instructors. You can take courses across a wide range of categories, some of which include: business & entrepreneurship, programming, academics, the arts, health & fitness, language, music, technology, games, and more. With instructors adding new content every day, be sure to check back regularly for the latest courses. The opportunities for learning are endless!
2. What do Udemy courses include?
Each Udemy course is created, owned and managed by the instructor(s). The foundation of each Udemy course are its lectures, which can include videos, slides, text and additional resources the instructor has uploaded. In addition, instructors can add quizzes, practice tests, assignments and coding exercises, as a way to enhance the learning experience of students.
To get a sense of what these lectures and features look like within the course dashboard, check out the lecture icon guide here.
This question outlines how you can search Udemy’s ever growing library, and find courses you’re interested in taking.
- Using the Marketplace Search Tool
You can quickly search for courses by using the search tool, which is located at the top of the Udemy marketplace page beside the Categories menu. You can also access the search tool on your My Courses page, and the Instructor Dashboard, if you’re an instructor.
Search results can be created by entering words related to the course and or subject into the search tool, and then clicking enter.
The search results will also include primary topics that are related to the terms you searched. By clicking on the primary topic, you will be directed to a new page of related courses.
- Searching by Category
You can also search for courses by category. Simply move your cursor to the Categories icon at the top, and then select the category and or subcategory you wish to view.
The Featured courses for that category will appear below. If you wish to view additional courses for that category, however, then click All Courses under the category title (please note that categories should not be confused with primary topics outlined above).
- Using the Search Tool Filters
There are several, different filters you can use on the All Courses page of a category to narrow your search.
On the left hand side, the filters include:
- Level (basic, intermediate, expert, all levels),
- Language (the course languages),
- Features (quizzes, closed captions, coding exercises)
- Price (paid or free)
On the right hand side, you can can sort by:
- Highest Rated
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
Highest Rated sorts the courses based on the ratings average it’s received in the last 90 days. Newest, on the other hand, prioritizes courses that were more recently added to the Udemy marketplace.
Once you’ve located a course you’re interested in, you can see if the course is right for you by starting a free preview and watching a handful of lectures the instructor has selected. For more information on how to do this, and contacting the instructor.
4. How do I take a Udemy course?
Udemy courses are entirely on-demand, which means that you can enroll in the courses that interest you and learn at your own pace. You can begin the course whenever you like, and there are no deadlines to complete it.
Udemy courses can be accessed from several different devices and platforms, including a desktop / laptop, Android app, iOS app, and Apple TV app.
After you enroll in a course, you can access it by clicking on the course link you will receive in your confirmation email, provided you’re logged into your Udemy account. You can also begin the course by logging in and navigating to your My Courses page.
5. How long do I have to complete a Udemy course?
As noted above, there are no deadlines to begin or complete the course. Even after you complete the course, you will continue to have access to it, provided that your account’s in good standing, and Udemy continues to have a license to the course. To learn more about their Lifetime Access policy, please click here.
6. Is Udemy an accredited institution?
While Udemy is not an accredited institution, They offer skills-based courses taught by experts in their field, and every approved course features a Udemy certificate of completion. Certificates can be saved as a .pdf or .jpg file so that you can easily share your accomplishment.
7. Is there any way to preview a course?
Yes! If you’re not sure if a course is right for you, you can start a free preview and watch a handful of lectures the instructor has selected. For steps on how to preview a course, and review key information about it, please click here.
8. What if I don’t like a course I purchased?
They want you to be satisfied, so if you’re not happy with a course, you can even request a full refund within 30 days of purchasing a course. For more information on their refund policy, please click here.
9. Is Udemy Courses available on Mobile Platform?
One of the great things about learning on Udemy is that you can access your courses from several different devices and platforms, including a desktop / laptop, Android app, iOS app, and Apple TV app.
- Course Features by Platform
The table below outlines which course features are available on which platform. For features listed as “No”, it indicates that these items are not supported at the moment.
|Features Available||Udemy.com||Mobile Site||Android App||iOS App||Apple TV App|
|Close Captions||√ (if added to a course)||√ (if added to a course)||√ (if added to a course)||√ (if added to a course)|
|Download Lectures||√(if enabled by instructor)||√||√|
|Download Certificates of Completion||√||√|
|Q&A (read and post questions)||√||√||√||√|
|See Reviews||√||√||√||√||(Only the course rating score in aggregate is visible)|
|View Instructor Announcements||√||√||√||√|
|Send Direct Messages (ie: contact instructor directly)||√||√|
|Search by Category||√||√||√||√||√|
|Search Marketplace and Enrol in Courses||√||√|
10. How much a Udemy Course costs?
Courses on Udemy are priced between $10 and $200. They price everything high – like $200 – and discount everything to $10-20$ but the quality of content and training for $10 is a steal of a great deal (though I wouldn’t pay $200 for most of the courses). For 10$ deal –Click Here
11. Why are courses on Udemy hundreds of dollars and then go on sale for 90% off?
The huge discounts are a way for Udemy to get more sales, more students, more traffic. It’s common sense that if you see a product at 90% off and you want it, you will make a purchase. That doesn’t have anything to do with the quality of the course, it’s just marketing.
12. How often do Udemy courses go on sale?
In the past Udemy used to do $10 site-wide deals, 10.99$ deals, $15 deals, $19, $24 and $29 deals. The most popular sales were $10 site-wide sales. They have sales all the damn time. If you really want the course just use an incognito tab or clear cookies and you will get the 10$ or 10.99$ deal again. They store cookies that see if you’ve ‘seen’ the sale ‘expire’ and increase the price for the new sale for just you.
13. What is the value of Udemy certificate?
When you complete a , you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can share with your friends, relatives, co-workers and potential employers. Certificates of Completion help demonstrate your accomplishments
Certificates can be saved as a .pdf or .jpg file so that you can easily share your accomplishment. In addition, certificates can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn directly from Udemy.
The certificate will look something like this:
13. Is Udemy a great website to learn programming?
does consist a lot of video tutorials on different topics. Each topic has a collection of videos by numerous authors which can be a beginner or experts in that skill set. Always go through ratings and comments by the students to know if that course is a right fit for you or not.
Note: Check ratings and student’s feedback before enrolling into any course .
14. Are Udemy courses really worth the money?
Yes, and especially when they are on sale. There are many working professionals among the instructors and they really try to do a good job by sharing all they know. If you see a Udemy course at $10, $15 or $20 it’s usually a good deal. But some other courses go for over $100. For those you need to examine the curriculum and read the reviews before jumping the gun, and make your own decision.
If I see a Udemy course on sale for $10 and on a topic that I’m really interested in, I buy it without much thinking because (a) it costs me that much to have lunch at Wendy’s, (b) all courses come with 30 day money-back guarantee. So if the course turns out to be a lemon, I’ve got nothing to lose and can ask for my money back.
15. Is sharing an account on Udemy illegal?
Yes, it is against Udemy’s terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up for an account. You may get banned and will lose all your purchased courses. So don’t do it.
If you have any other questions about Udemy, you can contact support by clicking here.
17. Which course on Udemy is worth taking?
Following are the top Udemy courses that you can consider:
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0 by Rob Percival (View here)
- The Complete Unity Developer course by Ben Tristem (View here)
- Complete Java Masterclass: Learn to master Java 8 core development step-by-step(View Here)
- Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python (View Here)
- The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop – Tame your Big Data!- (View Here)
- C Programming For Beginners, Learn C in ten easy steps on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux (View Here)
- The Complete Node.js Developer Course (2nd Edition) – (View Here)
- Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced Excel (View Here)
- Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch : Become an ethical hacker (View Here)
- Angular 4 (formerly Angular 2) – The Complete Guide Master Angular (both Angular 4 and Angular 2)- (View Here)
- Machine Learning A-Z™: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science-Learn to create Machine Learning Algorithms (View Here)
- iOS 11 & Swift 4 – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp (View Here)
- The Complete Android N Developer Course:Learn Android App Development with Android 7 (View Here)
- C# Basics for Beginners: Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding (View Here)
- Unreal Engine 4: The Complete Beginner’s Course-Learn Video Game Development (View Here)
- Learn to Code by Making Games – Complete C# Unity Developer Course (View Here)
- Ultimate Web Designer & Developer Course: Build 23 Projects | Become a Full-Stack Developer (View Here)
- Taming Big Data with Apache Spark and Python – Hands On! (View Here)
- Modern React with Redux: Master the fundamentals of React and Redux (View Here)
- Practical Data Structures & Algorithms in Java + HW : (View Here)
- The Complete SQL Bootcamp : Become an expert at SQL! (View Here)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect 2017 by Ryan Kroonenburg (View here)
- An Entire MBA in one Course by Prof. Chris Haroun (View here)
- Build 21 iOS Apps with this course by Rob Percival (View here)
- Learn Linux in 5 Days and Level Up Your Career by Jason Cannon (View here)
- Learn Arduino Step by Step: Your complete guide (View here)
- The Web Developer Bootcamp, The only course you need to learn web development (View here)
- Complete Guide to Build IOT Things from Scratch to Market (View here)
- C++: From Beginner to Expert Designed for people who don’t have any knowledge about the programming (View here)
To Learn Programming Online with Udemy Best Selling Courses-Click Here
Some of the courses I personally recommend for you to learn are;
- Artificial Intelligence A-Z™: Learn How To Build An AI
- Build Your Own First Person Shooter / Survival Game in Unity
- Learn Swift with Bob: The intermediate Swift course
Below are all my recommended courses and they are created by experts in their technology area.
Udemy Bestseller Courses
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Ethical Hacking – Beginner to Advanced
- Job Hunting Guide
- Career Hacking
- Excel – zero to hero
- Digital Marketing
- Earn Money Blogging
- Machine Learning – Python, R in Data Science
- WordPress Theme Development with Bootstrap
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
- Learn AngularJS
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Complete Python Bootcamp
- Java Complete Developer Course
- Making Games in C# – Unity Developer
- The Complete Java 8 Developer Course
- Learn Java SE 8 & Prepare for the OCA Java Programmer Exam – Good for OCA Certification
- Master Object Oriented Design in Java – Homework + Solutions
Java & Java EE
- Advanced Java Programming
- Servlets and JSPs Tutorial
- Introduction to Data Structures & Algorithms in Java
- Java Web Services
- Java Persistence: Hibernate and JPA Fundamentals
- SDLC with SOA Spring Java JMS GIT ActiveMQ MongoDB Jenkins – Single Most Recommended Course
- Spring Tutorials (Beginners) – Best Course for Spring Begineers
- Learn Spring Boot – Rapid Spring Application Development
- Spring MVC For Beginners : Build Java Web App in 25 Steps – Best for Spring MVC Complete Knowledge
- Building An E-Commerce Store Using Java Spring Framework –
- AWS Certified Developer – AWS is HOT, add it to your resume, good for beginners.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – AWS advanced course
- Certified WhiteHat Hacker Level 1 ( CWHH Level 1) – Great course for anyone in programming
- Ethical Hacking from Scratch to Advanced Technique – advanced techniques
- Learn Devops: Continuously Deliver Better Software
- The Docker for DevOps course: From development to production
- Mastering Ansible – future of parallel deployment, highly recommended, hot demand in market for Ansible skill.
- Beginning Scala Programming – for those who asked for Scala courses.
- Learn To Build Scala Apps From Scratch – for advanced Scala programming
- The Best Software Testing Training You Will Ever Get – A nice course, highly recommended for QA guys.
- Selenium Webdriver with Java Basics+Advanced+Interview Guide
- JUnit and Mockito Crash Course – Java Testing Framework Course
- Learn Linux in 5 Days and Level Up Your Career – working on Linux, then you can get this.
- Learn Linux Administration and Supercharge Your Career – for system admin
- Python Step by Step: Build a Data Analysis Program
- Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization
- Complete Python Bootcamp
NodeJS & Angular 2
- Learn Nodejs by building 12 projects
- Angular 2 and NodeJS – The Practical Guide to MEAN Stack 2.0 – Amazing Course
- The Complete Android & Java Developer Course – Build 21 Apps
- Master Android 7 App Development – Latest Android Studio Version
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0 – Great Upgraded Course
- The Complete Bootstrap Masterclass Course – Build 4 Projects
- Bootstrap 4: Exploring New Features
- Git Complete: The definitive, step-by-step guide to Git – anybody want to go into deep details of Git.
Happy Learning !!