Uber Off Campus Details:
About Company: Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American technology company. Its services include ride-hailing, food delivery, package delivery, couriers, freight transportation, and, through a partnership with Lime, electric bicycle and motorized scooter rental.
Company Name: Uber
Job Profile: Data Science Intern
Degree Required: ME/MTech
Work Location Bangalore
ABOUT THE TEAM for Uber Off Campus:
The Core Analytics & Science (CAS) team covers both of Uber’s main lines of business as well as the underlying platform technologies that power those businesses. We are a key part of Uber’s cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytic, statistical, and algorithmic expertise. Here are the subteams within CAS that make it happen:
- Eats: Uber Eats is Uber’s ambitious and rapidly growing on-demand food delivery business currently operating in over 45 countries globally and is the largest outside of China. Eat is a 3-sided marketplace, comprising Eaters, Delivery Partners, and Restaurants. Eats interns will work on exciting and impactful projects that advance our algorithms and discover insights to improve engagement with eaters, merchants, and couriers. Projects include optimizing our eater pricing systems and routing algorithms, modeling and predicting eater and courier behavior on the platform, and improving the efficiency of user acquisition, promotions, courier experience, and merchant onboarding.
- Rides: Rides Data Science at Uber uses data to improve and automate Uber’s core ridesharing products. Rides interns will tackle problems such as optimizing Uber’s short and long term pricing systems; efficiently matching incoming trip requests in Uber’s dispatch system; developing innovative incentive schemes that reward riders and drivers for choosing our network; optimizing pickup and dropoff experiences for both riders and drivers, and developing algorithms and experimentation to make our rider and driver user experience stand out. We also forecast, monitor, and evaluate all aspects of our marketplace and user behavior using both large scale observational data and meticulous experimentation.
- Platform: Platform Data Science develops the common systems and technical foundations that power Uber’s trip experiences externally and core decision making systems internally. Interns on the Platform team will work on building statistical, machine learning, and optimization models for problems like travel time estimation, route optimization, search personalization, and ranking.
ABOUT THE ROLE for Uber Off Campus:
We’re looking for candidates to intern during summer 2021 (12 weeks). You will be embedded in a team and work closely with other data scientists, engineers, and product managers under the supervision of a data scientist on that team.
WHAT YOU”LL DO:
- Work with your mentor closely to scope a project, define the problem, and develop and prototype the solution using data-driven approaches
- Work with engineers and product managers to turn data science prototypes into robust, reliable solutions
- Present findings to business leaders to inform decisions
- Establish standard methodologies for data science including modeling, coding, analytics, optimization, and experimentation
- Conduct experiments to advise product decisions
WHAT YOU”LL NEED:
- Current M.Tech student majoring in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields
- Anticipated graduation in 2023
- Familiarity with underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics
- Experience with exploratory data analysis
- Proficiency in languages like SQL, R, and Python
BONUS POINTS IF:
- Experience with exploratory statistical analysis, testing, and model development
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business partners
- Experience in experimental design and analysis (e.g., A/B and market-level experiments), as well as causal inference
- Independence, excellent communication, and outstanding follow-through – you energetically tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
Apply Before the link Expires for Uber Off Campus
Apply Link- Click here to Apply for Uber Off Campus