Thomson Reuters Freshers Recruitment As Trainee Software Engineer: At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
Job Profile: Trainee Software Engineer
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/MCA
Exp Needed: 0-3 years
Work Location: Bangalore
Essential day to day responsibility –
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated Software Engineer to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment. As a Software Engineer, you will be a member of a small team of developers that is responsible for supporting and developing commercial solutions used by customers throughout the globe. You will spend approximately 30% of your time interacting and collaborating with product developers, project managers, software engineers, and quality assurance analysts across the globe. The rest of your time will be spent designing, prototyping, developing, testing and deploying technology solutions.
- Develops, deploys and supports applications from initial ideation to implementation. Development is done in a variety of environments, but mainly Java on a Linux application server using Oracle as the database.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements; conferring with business users and analysts; studying system flows and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Willingness to operate in a diverse platform and has experience working with multiple project environments
- Ability to handle support and development work items from multiple projects concurrently
- Analyzes product requirements and contributes to the design, development and implementation of the software modules.
- Improves operations by collecting information from support incidents, conducting system analysis, root cause analysis and provide issue resolutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, cross-train self and team members in different skills and tools.
- Awareness with Agile project development methodology, SCRUM, continuous integration process.
- Assists team lead with project development estimates and timelines.
Education – Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Required Skills –0 to 3 year’s industry experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Core Java and J2EE
- Spring Framework – Core, Spring MVC , Persistence
- Linux and/or UNIX
- Webservices – Restful web service development
- Tomcat/ Apache web servers
- SQL/PLSQL/Oracle databases
- XML , XSL/T , Xpath,
- TFS, CVS, SVN, Perforce or similar source code control system
- Unit testing – Junit, Mockito
- Distributed application development hosted on multiple environments
- Knowledge of .NET, C# is an added plus.
- Strong focus on customer service
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, data analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Hard worker, quick learner, and eager to leverage new technologies.
Apply Before the link Expires for Thomson Reuters Freshers Recruitment As Trainee Software Engineer.