Thomson Reuters Corporation Hiring Details:
About Company: Thomson Reuters Corporation is a Canadian multinational media conglomerate. The company was founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where it is headquartered at the Bay Adelaide Centre.
Official Website: www.thomsonreuters.com
Job Profile: Associate Software Engineer
Work Location: Bangalore
Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Description: The ideal candidate will be self driven, result oriented and demonstrate problem solving skills. They must also possess effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. A history of resolving time sensitive issues in a fast paced production environment while maintaining strong customer relationships are key selection criteria.”
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
o Develop efficient and high quality code while meeting product release deadline
o Assist leads to prepare time estimates for projects and software design plans
o Assist leads with product and technology evaluations
Production Support & Maintenance activities:
o Respond quickly to support issues and follow up till resolution
o Conduct thorough troubleshooting and provide quick resolution to production problems
o Follow up and provide timely reporting on issues to management
Additional Information: (e.g. Shift Resource, % work that is development vs. maintenance, etc.)
This is an individual contributor role.
A four-year degree in computer science or a related field is required.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of Experience:
Knowledge and Skills
• Hands-on experience on Unix operating systems and familiarity with Unix tools
• Application of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques and implementation using Design Patterns
• Development experience with Relational Databases and use of SQL
• Knowledge of structured (HTML/XML – DOM, SAX) and unstructured content parsing (regular expressions)
• Ability to create unit level tests using JUnit, and of test driven development in general
Candidates should possess:
• 1+ years of total IT experience.
• 1+ years of Java based development using Design Patterns
• 1+ years working on Unix systems, and with scripting technologies like Unix shell, perl, etc.
• Proficient in XML and related technologies
• Possess excellent written and verbal skills
Candidates should also possess:
• Ability to meet deadlines in uncertain environments
• Demonstrate excellence in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and accountability.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency.
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
• Experience in content acquisition domain & technologies/tools
Any Certifications Required:
• Java Certification a plus
Apply Before the link Expires for Thomson Reuters Corporation Hiring