About the Company: The Ken is a pan-Asian, digital publication headquartered out of Bengaluru, India. Founded in October 2016 by a team of experienced journalists and entrepreneurs, The Ken pioneered subscribers-only online business journalism.
Company Name: The Ken
Job Profile: Software Engineer Position
Job Profile: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech Eligible
Exp Needed: 2+ Yrs
About the role:
- We see ourselves as a Product-first company. We achieve this by making product-first thinking and execution part of our DNA across the organisation – both in our journalism and in the technology-led products we build.
- Our subscribers read our stories exclusively on our proprietary platforms—our website, CMS, and mobile apps for Android and iOS. Ensuring a great reading and product experience is critical for engaging, and growing our subscriber base.
- If hired, you will be part of The Ken’s in-house Product & Engineering team that is responsible for building and maintaining the official website (the-ken.com) and the mobile apps.
You will report to the Head of Product, The Ken and will have the following responsibilities
- Drive all front-end web development—including decisions about tools, technologies, and practices—for The Ken
- Interface with the product, engineering, and design team. Develop, and translate prototypes into functionality on the website and the app
- Partner with our editorial team to tell stories more visually by seamlessly integrating graphics into stories
- Build new features and support updates on our WordPress CMS
- Work in a fast-paced, agile team to produce performant, high quality products that our subscribers will love using
- Write modular, unit-testable code with high test coverage and following industry best-practices
Compensation: Competitive, market-linked
- We love self-driven individuals. We give them autonomy and freedom instead of shackling them with processes. Our team is comprised of people who build things, knock down bugs and research new technologies to deliver value. Day after day. Relentlessly. You’ll be one of them.
- We’ll prefer candidates with past experience in the following technologies:
WordPress, and ReactJS or ReactNative, Bootstrap, SCSS, jQuery, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD
- If you have experience in developing interactive user interfaces with charts/images, it will help you on the job
- Extra points for having experience writing automated tests.
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here