About the Company: With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it’s the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Job Profile: Test Engineer
Exp Needed: Freshers
Work Location: Hyderabad
Responsible for development of new test cases(SQL), and performance tests focusing on the Teradata Query Optimizer. Participate as part of a team to develop new testing methodologies to improve Optimizer quality and robustness and analyze the effectivity of the TD cost based optimizer. This is not a traditional testing team and is considered part of the Optimizer Group which sometimes involve development assignments in the Optimizer area. Some development of additional testing tools may be required at times. Monitoring of Optimizer problem areas and incorporation of results into the testing methodology is expected. The associate will be working in implementing the frameworks for CI/CD pipelines and scripts in Python or applicable scripting languages. They are also occasionally required to fix issues in the database code.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS/MCA in Computer Science or related field
- Testing and/or Quality Assurance experience is a strong plus.
- Strong C programming skills. Knowledge of DS & Python/Perl/Shell Scripting desirable.
- Should be comfortable with SQL(ANSI/Database specific)
- Ability to work with a Project Lead, Senior Developers, and Support Associates required.
- Teradata knowledge a plus.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop a framework for improved testing.
- Develop SQL test cases, test plans, CI/CD pipelines and test report analysis.
- Work with Developers and Project Lead to identify critical performance areas and high-risk areas of the Teradata Query Optimizer performance.
- Participate in Closed Loop Corrective Action analysis to improve Optimizer quality, robustness, and predictability.
- Work with developers to identify proposed new testing tools that can be used to improve Optimizer quality.
- Work on discrepancy reports and resolve them with database fixes
- Individual Contributor
- Works with Project Lead, reports to Engineering Manager
Software Test Engineering, Testing Requirements Analysis, Test Result Triaging.
- Software development skills including software design specification, test specification, coding, testing.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++. Python, UNIX Shell scripting and Perl programming a plus.
- SQL knowledge
- Good knowledge on Data Structures a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be a Team Player
- Knowledge of Teradata/any other RDBMS
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here