About the Company: TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.
Official Website: www.te.com
Job Profile: Product Engineer I
Work Location: Bangalore
Exp Needed: 1 – 3 years of experience in Product design & life cycle management of Plastic and sheet metal parts.
Degree Needed: BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Using Grammarly In 2019 | Best Grammar Checker Online Tool | Must Have Tool for All, Download for Free
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
This person will be responsible for the Life cycle / Sustenance of the assigned product lines which are Industrial connector products, Signal / Power, IP rated connectors required for Industrial Automation needs.
- Be responsible, co-ordinate and manage product lines and sustenance engineering projects
- Understand the Mechanical and Electrical requirements of a product and ensure that the design changes meet the functional requirement.
- Generate 3D models (Part & Sheet metal) & drawings using Creo and Pdmlink (data Management) software.
- Produce detailed Engineering Drawings, Product & Application Specifications as per standard
- Perform Tolerance analysis, stack up analysis and Implement GD&T in the design wherever is critical. Tolerance consideration for ease of manufacturing & assembly fitment with lower cost.
- Analyse measurement reports and approve. Suggest improvements, if required. Evaluate deviation requests and Tool transfer approvals.
- Work with multi-functional project team.
- To work with labs to ensure product testing wherever required.
- Take care of part material change assignments including polymers and metals.
- Work with FAI approvals, Process Capability Study, 8D report and 5 WHY analysis.
- Work with PLM, EC applications and ENG. doc. management systems.
- Manage design change thru ECR/ECN process.
- Prepare Product validation plan and execute with collaboration with test Labs
- Analysing test & qualification report of the new product and make necessary change in the design for performance improvement.
- Interact with PM, PjM or directly with customers / Sales and Marketing team to identify key Product Technical requirements / deliverables and establish product specifications to fulfil customer requirements in handling new RFQ / quotations.
- Meet (as required) / Communicate well with Customers and understand their needs to ensure project wins.
- Perform product costing & Value Engineering (VA/VE) analysis.
- Provide technical support for customers, sales groups, product management.
- Self-Drive for result & complete the project within Project schedule and Drive for continuous improvements
Qualification & Experience:
- B.E.in Mechanical Engineering
- About 1 – 3 years of experience in Product design & life cycle management of Plastic and sheet metal parts.
- Experience in connector design and working of connector systems is preferred.
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here
Click Here to Download Previous Year Placement Exam Questions Papers for TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and more along with detailed solution.
Click Here To Join Our Official Telegram group for personalized and Instant Job Updates