All that you need to know about Tata Imagination Challenge 2021
Do you have an idea that inspires you?
One that you strongly believe in?
Do you think your imagination can make a difference in the world?
We are all about ideas. If you have one and you yearn to solve problems, or want to see change, we want to hear about it.
It can be an idea of any kind, and from any discipline like technology, sustainability, sciences, economics, social change, design, arts, global, entrepreneurship, healthcare, and more.
They may or may not belong to the current Tata business ecosystem but we welcome all ideas that are mindful of Tata ethos.
If so, the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021 is for you. India’s largest competition that’s open to all college students across the country (Student Track) as well as all Tata group employees across the world (In-House Track).
All you need to do is brush up your critical thinking skills, curiosity, and creativity to pass three rounds.
To participate follow the steps.
- Step 1: Sign up on www.Dare2Compete.com
- Step 2: Register for the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021 and choose your track
- Step 3: Kick-start your journey
Rules for Eligibility:
The only qualification you need for participation is a passion for your ideas and the will to pursue them. If you can bet your imagination can add value and make a difference in the world, or if you have the solution for a problem and want to meet the best version of yourself, then the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021 is for you!
You are eligible for this track if you:
- Are a college-going student (Undergraduate or Postgraduate) from any stream, across the country.
- Are currently an active full-time student
- Have completed 10+2 schooling or equivalent
- Are in any year of college study, after 10+2 schooling or equivalent (1st /2nd /3rd /4th /5th year of college)
- Have enrolled for regular or full-time courses, Undergraduate (UG) OR Postgraduate (PG), in a university/ college as of 1st September 2021, across India.
- Are pursuing courses approved by AICTE or UGC or 1-year management courses by business schools.
- Classes in your academic curriculum have begun.
You’re not eligible for this track if:
- You’ve been offered admission, but your classes haven’t started.
- You’ve enrolled in a correspondence/distance education course.
- You’ve already passed out of your college or completed your course.
- You are not a full-time student.
- You are a student who is on sabbatical from your current employer.
You will be eligible for this track if:
You are a permanent employee of any Tata company or Tata Joint venture company, globally (Including those who are on sabbatical)
You’re not eligible for this track if:
- You are a working professional who is not on the permanent roll of Tata group companies or Tata Joint Venture companies.
- You are on the rolls of the JV partner of the Tata joint venture company.
Treasure Hunt – Get ready to set sail on an Online Treasure hunt in order to explore the Tata world. (This is not a preliminary round)
Round 1.1: Tata Brand Assessment – Do you think you know the Tata brands well? Here’s an assessment that will test your knowledge of various Tata brands through stories and facts. Every registered participant will get to attempt 25 questions within a fixed time duration.
Round 1.2: Gamified Assessment – Experience elements of gaming in this round, where registered participants indulge in an interactive and exciting 30-minute gamified assessment.
Round 2: Video Pitch Submissions – Participants will choose an idea of their calling and present a solution for the same through a video pitch submission. Submit your big idea in the form of an executive summary (video of up to 2 minutes) and a detailed presentation (video of up to 5 minutes).
The videos should be in .MP4 format and should not exceed 15 MB in size. You can convert and compress your videos at https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-mp4
Idea Buddy Phase – In this journey you are not alone! Each candidate shortlisted after Round 2 will be mapped to a young Tata leader as a companion. This Idea buddy will help develop and polish the idea to be presented in the next round.
Round 3: Leader Interaction – This round is where you and your idea to take center-stage! Finalists showcase their big idea – what problem they are solving and how they wish to execute the solution, to a panel of senior Tata leaders. Finalists will also be interviewed by the panelists focusing on their life & career aspirations, journey, etc.
Shortlisted participants are required to present their big idea.
The Idea will be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Originality in thought process
- Robustness of the solution
- Approach adopted
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge about the idea and all the aspects being presented during the final pitch
What’s more? You will also get a chance to participate and win in some exciting pop-up challenges. Keep checking out this space for more details!
What’s in store for you?
We believe that all great ideas need to be rewarded. Which is why the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021, like last year, will have not 1 but 13 winners (10 from students and 3 from In-house track)
From conception to completion, from examination to exploration, this is a journey is about you and your ideas! In-store are rewards like no other and a chance to interact with the best. It’s time to script your own success stories.
Awards & Prizes:
- TAS PPI (As per the PPI eligibility guidelines*)
- A cash prize of Rs. 2 lakhs for each winner
- Mentoring sessions by the Tata leaders
- Accelerator sessions by subject matter experts
- Access to Tata Tomorrow University – Our learning portal (www.tmtctata.com)
- Nomination to flagship learning programs
- Popular Choice Awards: Top 3 ideas to be awarded by Popular Choice. In this round, all ideas will be open for voting. Based on the popular choice, the top 3 most voted ideas will be selected. These will be entirely independent of the jury assessments.
- Participation certificates for top participants in each discipline who take part in Round 1
- “#settleformore Idea”: Apart from the participants and ideas that make it to Round 3, unique ideas would be identified, acknowledged and Tata CLiQ vouchers will be awarded to participants
- Certificate of Appreciation for participants of Round 3
- Taj Vouchers for Winners of Mini Challenges
What are the important dates & deadlines?
Registration Deadline: 22 Oct’21 11:59 PM IST
Apply link & More details- Tata Imagination Challenge 2021