About the Company: The Staff Selection Commission is functioning under the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India. Initially known as Subordinate Services Commission, it was set up on 1 July 1976, primarily to make recruitment on zonal basis for non-technical Group C posts under the Central Government, except the post for which recruitment was made by Railway Service Commission and the industrial establishments.Functions of the Staff Selection Commission have been further widened and now it carries out recruitment for Group B and Group C posts under the Central Government. The Commission thus recruits the major work force for the Central Government, including the Central Para-military Forces.
Job Type: Govt/Others
Job Profile: Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant: PB -1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400
- Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400
- Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900
- Court Clerk : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900
Location: Anywhere in India-5134 Vacancies
Last date to Apply: 25 November 2016
- Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Age Limit: 18-27 years as on 01.01.2017 (Candidates born not before 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-1999).
Total Positions: 5134
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – 3281
- Data Entry Operator – 1321
- Lower Division Clerk – 506
- Court Clerk – 26
Procedure for Selection:
Exam Fees: ₹ 100 (No Fees for SC/ST/PH/Women & Ex-Service Man)
Points to Remember:
- Date of Publication of the Advertisement in the Employment News Paper: 08.10.2016
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 08.10.2016
- Last date for Submission of Online Application: 07.11.2016
- Date of Written Examination: 07.01.2017 & 05.02.2017
Download our official android app from playstore-Click here