About the Company:Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which see our employees, thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. Shell aims to establish a new IT hub in Bangalore, and scale it up over a five year period. Purpose of the IT Function is to enable the Business by focusing on business outcomes, delivering fit for business technology solutions which enable business agility and profitable growth.
Official Website: www.shell.in
Job Profile: Software Engineer
Total No Of Vacancies: 93
Work Location: Bangalore
Using Grammarly In 2019 | Best Grammar Checker Online Tool | Must Have Tool for All, Download for Free
Job Description: The IT Software Engineer is a skilled professional focused on design and creation of computer
applications. We are looking for passionate engineers to design, develop and enhance software
solutions. Successful candidates will be able to build high quality, innovative and fully performing
software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Position Description – Purpose:
- The IT Software Engineer role is intended to provide day-to-day support in developing &
- writing code and documenting functionality
- Successful candidates will go through a structured training program and on-the-job learning
- for a period of 6 months
- The Software Engineer may be rotated into multiple applications as the project demands arise
Position Description – Accountabilities:
- Identify and engage key business stakeholders inside and outside the aligned line of business
- to understand and balance their requirements.
- Execute full life-cycle software development as well as perform changes to existing
- applications based on business need
- Understand design specifications and determine feasibility and estimates
- Write well-designed, testable & efficient code
- Develop unit test plans and QA procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Work with internal teams and 3rd party vendors on developing programs and troubleshooting
- Share information regarding applications, learnings, programming best practices and knowhow.
Position description – Dimensions:
- No direct budget responsibility.
- No direct staff report
Position description – Special Challenges:
- Develop an understanding of complex IT landscapes with diverse technologies supporting end
- to end business processes in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams across geographies and
- time zones.
- Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests.
- Working with multiple stakeholder groups in various internal organisations.
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here
Click Here to Download Previous Year Placement Exam Questions Papers for TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and more along with detailed solution.
Click Here To Join Our Official Telegram group for personalized and Instant Job Updates