S & P Global Off Campus Drive 2019: At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence – we give you Essential Intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.
Our Divisions include:
• S&P Ratings – Provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
• Market Intelligence – Provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
• S&P Dow Jones Indices – the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
• S&P Global Platts – Equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
Be essential to the global financial markets at S&P Global.
Job Profile: Data Researcher/ Application Associate
Degree Needed: B.Com/PGDM/MBA
Exp needed: Freshers
Batch Eligible: 2020
Work Location: Ahmedabad
Job Role: Data Researcher-I
As a part of the team you will deliver and maintain accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account the business units global interests and needs internally & externally.
As a Data Researcher I, you will support the integrity and comprehensiveness of the data set by utilizing internal & external public research sources such as government & regulatory documents, stock exchanges, industry journals, analyst reports as well as information databases and our internal research tools to collect, summarize, and synthesize relevant information. Hence you will gain exposure to different reports of covered Industries, while having frequent interaction with global analysts to learn the industry dynamics and create a symbiotic work culture.
What’s in it for you?
This position is an excellent stepping stone to understand Industry dynamism, that will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry through financial reporting standards, and enable you to learn facets of the assigned industry, and as well as apply this knowledge to your daily responsibilities.
- Process data (Financial or Non-Financial, depending on the process selected for) and apply it in an accurate manner to the database using technical and financial knowledge
- Collection, Standardization and validation of corporate annual, semi-annual or quarterly financial data from companies; published reports.
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence.
- Will work within parameters and with supervision to ensure quality and performance to set standards.
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of content sets. Builds industry knowledge by understanding industry trends and reporting standards
- Provides input and ideas for new collection methods and product enhancements related to the covered content sets.
- Troubleshoots problems or issues and provide support to the team.
What we look for:
- Strong finance or accounting specialization.
- The candidate should be willing to work in rotational night shifts. Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment, while following flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skill (written & Verbal) and sound computer skills are the pre requisites for the positions.
- Comfortable taking initiative and demonstrating resourcefulness
- Strong attention to detail and persistent approach to work
- Strong quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills
- Commerce Graduate
- Post-Graduation: PGDM/MBA (Any Stream with Finance / Accountancy as Major subject). We can consider a science graduate candidate who is pursuing Post Graduation in Finance Stream.
- Well versed with Internet searching and Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver with regard to fast deadlines
- An inquisitive and investigative nature.
- A Positive attitude, strong interest in research, flair for writing and an eye for detail.
- Ability to interact with many levels and to face and deal with issues in a mature and professional manner
Job Profile: Application Associate
What’s in it for you?
As an Associate in Product Operations, you will learn, explore, educate and support financial information for customer of capital and commodity market, where you will hold investigative conversations with clients to drive product usage and revenue. You will leverage your financial market knowledge, your strong customer service skills and exceptional troubleshooting abilities to help the clients with their requests, while showcasing your vast knowledge of our tools, our data and the industries we cover. Many of the Fortune 500 companies in the world will be asking your help to find solutions to their challenges. You will also be the Client’s advocate and work with different teams inside the organization across many functional areas (Sales, Technology, Content, Industry Research etc.)
You will also play a major role in executing and improving BAU proactive processes to prevent issues and improve delivery quality to the clients. In the process you will suggest improvements to the product as well as perform Agile based User-Acceptance-Testing to curb issues even before they hit our clients.
- Develop financial models /Product Services on website/Office products for internal/external clients to help them in their routine workflow/analysis.
- Consistently make proactive suggestions in regards to product usability, presentation, and data quality.
- Be the primary point of contact for providing critical research and value-add knowledge to our diverse client base at various financial institutions, government organizations and Universities.
- Supporting client base in their research by responding to their requests that comes through calls, e-mails and other forms of communication. Direct interaction with clients, through phone, email and video conferences, as they relate to Industry, platform and data questions.
What we look for:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics. Candidates pursuing CFA is a plus.
- Good knowledge and understanding on capital and commodity markets
- Good understand on accounting standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency and eloquence in English is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; knowledge of MS Office products and understanding of databases is a plus.
- VBA Knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM applications are a plus.
- Willingness to work in rotational shifts.
Apply Before the link Expires for S & P Global Off Campus Drive 2019.