Red Hat Global Off Campus Details:
About Red Hat: Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Company Name: Red Hat Global Support Services
Job Position: Trainee Associate Technical Support Engineer
Work Location: Pune
Job ID: 85897
Degree Required: BE/BTech/MCA
The Red Hat Global Support Services team is looking for a Trainee Associate Technical Support Engineer to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you’ll be a part of the Global Support Services team that focuses on resolving issues for enterprise customers by providing high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize uptime and reduce IT costs. In this graduate trainee program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading open source developers to support new solutions and customer offerings. You will also receive on the job training, including an introduction to Red Hat products like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Openshift Container Platform, Red Hat Storage, Red Hat Virtualization, clustering, Red Hat Cloud Suite, and Red Hat Satellite, as well as soft skill training and technical troubleshooting. The graduate trainee program 2021 will be conducted in a virtual mode for a period of upto 6 months. This position has the potential to convert to a full-time role as an Associate Technical Support Engineer at the end of the internship period.
Primary job responsibilities
- Perform basic investigation and troubleshooting of Red Hat enterprise application server suite of products and additional layered products to find resolutions for technical issues
- Gather information for each bug and provide analysis to fully understand the issue
- Propose and discuss fixes or workarounds and provide advice to educate customers
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, and support management teams to prioritize customer requests
- Incorporate your findings to Red Hat’s knowledge base
- Support Red Hat’s global customers on technical issues through phone, chat, or remote access tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in a user-friendly way
- Focused on delivering remarkable and consistent customer experience
- Self-motivated and comfortable working within a team
- Learn, adopt, and practice Red Hat values and competencies
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology (computer science or IT), science, or computer applications, or a master’s degree in computer applications or marketing and communications
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Basic understanding of Linux, containers, and open source
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking and UNIX services and concepts
- Open source community contribution through projects is a plus.
Apply Before the link Expires for Red Hat Global Off Campus.