About the Company: At OLX Group we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person.
Job Profile: Backend Software Engineer I/II/III
Job Type: Engineering
Work Location: Gurgaon
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech
What you will be doing:
- You will be writing high-quality code using object oriented principles with 100% unit and integration tests.
- You will be Translating high level business problems into scalable design and code. Creating libraries for larger consumption, define APIs and own end to end services.
- Mentoring junior engineers while optimizing application architectures for Docker/Kubernetes/AWS and using micro-services best practices (logging, metrics, database etc)
- You will ensure platform and application readiness in terms of capacity, performance, monitoring and stability.
- You will influence product requirements and operational plans. Instill best practices for development and champion their adoption, while working with product manager to estimate and plan projects in agile development framework.
Who we’re looking for:
A strong technologist at OLX cares about code modularity, scalability and reusability as the problems we solve today become the foundation for and thrives ambiguous environment, rapidly changing environment, continuously adapting and bringing newer solutions. An ideal candidate should
- Have deep expertise in Object Oriented design principles using any modern language preferably Java.
- Have experience in building and maintaining large scale web applications in service oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class level interfaces with experience in data model designing in SQL/NOSQLs.
- Have knowledge of at least one of the databases like MySQL, Postgresql or Oracle and one of the NOSQLs like DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Aerospike etc.
What we’ll give you:
- A thrill of building and managing global products that is used daily by millions world over.
- Learning is not just on the job, but we have dedicated training budgets to upskill our engineers.
- Global Product and Tech culture. With 5 technology centers world over collaborating together, the experience and learning increased manifold.
- Openness and Ownership. You build, you deploy and you manage. 360 degree view of entire product development process.
- Great peers and teams. With people joining us from Amazon, Google, Snapdeal & other top start-ups in India and top companies across the globe , we have a great team.
Apply before the link Expires for OLX Group Off Campus Drive Hiring.