About the Company: HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform Company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services.
Job Profile: GIS Analyst I
Degree Needed: Any degree
Exp Needed: 0-2 years
Work location: Navi Mumbai
(Ad)-Not getting interview calls? Your current resume might be causing you to lose out on opportunities. Create an error-free resume using MyPerfectResume.com! & Get Hired Quickly
- GIS Analyst I is an entry level geographer (Developmental role) who performs analysis of varied source inputs viz. video files,
- LIDAR drives, satellite imagery, shape files, etc. and interprets varied and complex situations.
- Apply logical decision making for digitization/updates of maps in the database. Use defined quality assurance processes/tools to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze and interpret situations within source inputs and compare them with the existing database
- Perform pre-processing of source inputs through refinement and merging to convert them in a usable format.
- Digitize mapping database using required platform/tools as per defined processes.
- Perform quality checks on data input to test validity of data with the assistance of experienced Operators
- Participate in team meetings and discussions and share best practices/lessons learnt.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree (3 years college/polytechnic education) or equivalent
- 0 – 2 years of experience on HERE proprietary or related map making tools
- Revised qualification criteria/ years of experience can be considered in exceptional situations
- Good Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office suite
- Exposure to mapping technologies, software and GIS concepts would be an added advantage
- Detail oriented
- Good analytical and logical skills
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness to work in shifts