Company Profile: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Company Name : Morgan Stanley
Official Website : www.morganstanley.com
Work Location : Mumbai
Job Profile: : Analyst
Exp Needed: 0-3 years
Background on the Position:
- Morgan Stanley seeks a professional (Analyst) for a multi-disciplined Risk Governance function for the Market Risk department.
- The individual will cover a diverse range of operational responsibilities related to the management of regular and ad-hoc tasks for the Global Market Risk Function.
- To be successful, candidates will need to have a relevant educational background and experience, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work independently on a multidisciplinary, multi-regional team.
- Information processed in the department is confidential and thus the candidate must demonstrate integrity.
- Monitor and control core Market Risk processes to ensure they are performed properly and timely. This includes but it is not limited to monitoring the Sign-Off process for risk metrics, the Entitlement process, the New Product Approval tasks and Operational Risk Incidents review.
- Provide support to cover Regulatory and Audit matters including monitoring of remediation, reporting overdue items, coordinate, gather and control information requested by Regulators or Auditors.
- Perform several tasks related to the Market Risk Department governance including preparing department committees, providing support for annual reviews (e.g. Board Effectiveness process, Risk Control Self-Assessment and other ad-hoc requests.)
- Provide regular updates to the Market Risk COO team on the status of the controls being monitored and produce relevant reporting highlighting issues and risks.
- Interact with Market Risk worldwide but also with external teams such as Reporting and Technology to help enhance the quality of Market Risk processes.
Skills Required: To be successful, candidates will benefit from relevant operational and control experience, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work independently. Strong oral and written communication skills will aid the effort to communicate risks and challenges across the Market Risk Department.
- 0-3 years of relevant operational experience with a Bachelor’s degree in finance, technology, engineering or a related field
- Proven experience in managing and improving processes preferably for a financial risk department
- Good understanding of financial concepts is desired
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle several complex tasks in parallel
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements with respect to market risk is a plus
- Comfortable with programming concepts using tools such as VBA or SQL
Apply Before the link Expires for Morgan Stanley Hiring