About the Company: Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading semiconductor supplier of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions. Its easy-to-use development tools and comprehensive product portfolio enable customers to create optimal designs which reduce risk while lowering total system cost and time to market. The company’s solutions serve more than 125,000 customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace and defense, communications and computing markets.
Job Profile: Engineer I – Software Development
Work Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
Exp Needed: 0-2 Yrs
Microchip, Inc. has an entry level Systems Software Development Engineer opening based in Bangalore, India to be a key contributor in the testing effort of our storage firmware and driver applications. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of quality for a family of storage projects. You will need to implement automated tests for all layers of the application. Design / Develop tools and frameworks to enable machines to do continuous system testing.
* Work with multiple project teams internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of quality assurance for complex products and platforms, including testing strategy, analysis, coding, results evaluation, and proposed corrective actions
* Work as part of a team to develop, execute, triage, document, and test a series of features within a storage software solutions under various x32 & x64 operating systems to deliver a reliable and cost-effective solution
* Understand product implementation reading functional specs, source code and engineering discussions
* Design and develop framework and infrastructure or tools using C++
* Work together with software, drivers and firmware teams on root-causing defects
* Reproduce, Root cause and Verify solutions to customer escalations in timely manner
* Provide project status and estimates and track issues to closure with project managers
* Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk
* Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
* Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization
Qualifications: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related streams.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in C++ and Linux
- Beginners to intermediate programming skills – object oriented design and analysis/debugging skills
- Good knowledge in Data Structures, System Programming etc
- Quick Learner and flexible to take up different tasks.
Good To Have:
- Experience or exposure to Data Storage domain
- Experience on Linux, Windows, and VMware platforms
- Knowledge in SCSI Primary, Block, and Storage Enclosure command sets.
- Knowledge of Enterprise servers and storage environments
- Knowledge in Storage Enclosure Zoning and Management
- Experience developing software in Advanced REST a plus.
- Knowledge and use of standards such as REST, HTML5, JSON
- Knowledge in SOAP, IPMI, CIM, and RESTFUL protocols
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here
Join Vector- The Best embedded system training institute in India with 100% Job Assistance. And get placed through Vector India to your dream core company with package of up to 15.4 LPA. Click Here to Register Now !!(Only for 2017/18/19 Batch Only - ECE/EEE/EIE
Click Here to Download Previous Year Placement Exam Questions Papers for TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and more along with detailed solution.
Click Here To Join Our Official Telegram group for personalized and Instant Job Updates