Meesho Freshers Recruitment As Data Scientist: Meesho is India’s top reselling platform, used by more than 1 million resellers across the country. Resellers are small business owners and home entrepreneurs who sell stuff using Meesho, within their extended social circles. Meesho is reimagining e-commerce for India, and building a platform for the next 20 million entrepreneurs in the country.
Meesho is one of the fastest-growing startups in the world and is backed by top investors globally, including DST Global, YCombinator and Sequoia. You can read more about Meesho’s journey on TechCrunch.
Job Profile: Data Scientist
Company Name: Meesho
Work Location: Bangalore
Degree Needed: Bachelor’s Degree
About the role: As a data-driven organisation with the core mission of empowering 20 million entrepreneurs throughout the country, Data scientists are an integral part of the Meesho team. You’ll develop models and run experiments to infer insights from hard data that meaningfully impacts our 1Million+ resellers. From improving our product usability to identifying new growth opportunities data scientists help all teams within Meesho develop effective solutions.
Here are some of the problems you’ll be working on: –
- – Understanding reseller preferences to provide them with the most relevant products
- – Modelling which resellers will be the most impacted by changes in our incentive structures
- – Designing discount programs to help our resellers sell more
- – Inferring insights from our existing data to identify new growth opportunities
- – Designing experiments to improve usability across our product suite
- – How can you help resellers better recognise end customer preferences to improve their revenue?
- – Using data to identify bottlenecks that helps our suppliers meet their SLA requirements
- – What frontend visualisations will best help category managers understand the current demand for products?
- – Modelling seasonal demand to predict key organisational metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Tier 1 school (IIT, NIT, IIIT, BITS, DCE)
- 1-3 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Familiarity with concepts like Neural Networks, Machine Learning etc and tools like SQL, R, Python
Capabilities The ideal candidate for this role has:-
- A good understanding of and belief in Meesho’s business model and product
- Strong understanding of Statistics and Linear Algebra
- Strong understanding of hypothesis/model testing and ability to identify common model testing errors like overfitting, underfitting, type I and type II errors
- Experience designing and running A/B tests and drawing insights from them
- Familiarity with Python or R, proficiency with SQL
- Strong communication skills to explain your analysis
Bonus points We will prefer candidates who have:-
- A Computer Science degree
- Experience in working on personalization or other ML problems
- Familiarity with Big Data tech stack like Apache Spark, Hadoop, Redshift
Apply Before the link Expires for Meesho Freshers Recruitment As Data Scientist.