About the Company: Lionbridge Technologies Established in 1996 and headquartered in Waltham, Mass., with a 7,000 workforce spread across 50+ locations across 26 countries worldwide with a revenue of $540 million (est.). Lionbridge provides globalization and offshoring services that enable clients to develop, release, manage and maintain their enterprise content and technology applications globally
We enable international organizations to increase market share, speed adoption of products and services, and engage with customers in locally relevant ways, transforming how our customers communicate globally.
Role: Apprentice Technical Author
Employment Mode: Apprenticeship (Conversion to Permanent rolls after one year based on performance)
Work Location: Chennai
Stipend: 11K PM to 14K PM
- AME & B.E.(Aero) Recent pass out
- Should be interested to take up a career in Technical Writing (This is not a design profile)
- Technical test English, Engineering Drawing, Basics of Aircraft Engine, Aircraft Maintenance Tools
- Technical Interview for candidates who clear the Test (will happen on a different date, Test shortlists will be informed on the same)
Purpose of Position:
- The Trainee Technical Author will be accountable for developing knowledge and capability to be able to author tasks; meet production schedules and ensure that the quality of authored tasks meets the set specification and standards.
- They should work with a minimum of supervision and ensure that the deliverables are available within the designated frame and to the necessary quality level.
- They will support a culture to deliver right first time documents and illustrations, and will consistently strive to improve delivery standards and exceed customer expectations.
- They will be expected to develop the ability to author complex tasks when they arise, to defined quality standards and productivity norms adhering to schedule.
- They are required to follow the Author training program and successfully pass the assessments required to qualify as a Technical Author in the agreed timescale.
Responsibilities / Job Functions
- Create/edit manuals based on inputs from client.
Basic understanding of authoring tools like Epic Editor/Frame Maker, etc.
- Participates in all aspects of the product development life cycle from authoring to delivery.
- Works closely with the Sr. Technical Author/Team Lead to deliver high quality outputs in line with set productivity.
- Update and maintain personal training and development records.
- Compliance: Ensures Lionbridge Authoring processes are followed.
- Culture: Delivery of ‘Right First Time’ ethos.
- Process Improvement: Supports continuous improvements in process and delivery and works with stakeholders internally to share best practice.
- People: Works with Production team, Team Lead, Technical Lead and Training Manager to consistently improve knowledge/performance, and highlights concerns to necessary management stakeholders.
- Data Security: Adheres to Lionbridge data security policy and ensures confidentiality of all documents and records.
Walk-in Date: Saturday, 04-Aug-2018
Walk-in Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Venue: Lionbridge Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,
7th Floor, Crest, Ascendas International Tech Park,
Taramani Road, Chennai 600 113, India.
W: 91-44-66785000 Extn: 5296 Mobile:7358001414
Contact Person: Mahalakshmi (07358001414)
Online Courses You Can Take Right Now to Advance Your Career. Click Here to Learn Java, Python, Hacking, Full Stack Development, AI, Machine learning from Scratch
More Info-Click Here
Please bring your resume, Govt ID Proof, Photograph and this email.Join Vector- The Best embedded system training institute in India with 100% Job Assistance. And get placed through Vector India to your dream core company with package of up to 15.4 LPA. Click Here to Register Now !!(Only for 2017/18/19 Batch Only - ECE/EEE/EIE
Click Here to Download Previous Year Placement Exam Questions Papers for TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and more along with detailed solution.
Click Here To Join Our Official Telegram group for personalized and Instant Job Updates