About Description: IIT Hyderabad in collaboration with top Indian institutes including IITM, CEWiT, IITD, IITK, IISC, and SAMEER is building the largest 5G testbed of the country, with the support of Department of Telecommunications (DoT) Govt. of India. This project will create a 5G prototype and testing platform that will be developed under the guidance of IIT-H faculty.
The project will deliver an end-to-end 5G testbed comprising of 5G BS and UE nodes that support enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra low latency communication (URLLC), and massive MTC including NB IoT services. The operating frequently includes both sub 6 GHz and mm-wave frequencies. The system will exceed IMT 2020 5G performance requirements including Low Mobility Large Cell (i.e.., LMLC) targets introduced by India at ITU.
Job Profile: Software Engineer
Company Name: 5G Testbed IIT-Hyd
Company Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
For more; Website: http://5g.iith.ac.in/
What will you do at 5G Testbed?
- Design & develop a 5G L2/L3 protocol stack (RAN & UE).
- Author and contribute to software design, development, validation, and documentation to deliver high-quality products in the world of 5G.
- Contribute to the integration with enabling technologies.
- Provide basic status reporting for your work.
- Plenty of research, continuous learning, and development of skills in 5G and most modern cellular technologies.
- Excellent C programming skills with strong debugging and troubleshooting skills over the Linux platform. (1-4 years of experience) – Mandatory
- A good understanding of UDP/TCP/IP is required. (1-4 years of experience)
- Well versed with the Linux environment.(1-4 years of experience)
- Exposure to DPDK is desired but not mandatory. (0-2 years of experience)
- Product design and delivery experience with switches/routers is a bonus. (0-4 years of experience)
- Effectively able to work independently with little hands-on supervision delivering to aggressive timelines. (Desired)
Education and Experience:
- Masters or Bachelors degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effectively able to collaborate with multiple teams across geographically diverse areas.
Even if the above description does not match your profile, you can send your resume to ‘[email protected]‘ stating how you can contribute to 5G Testbed.
NOTE: Fresh grads can apply for internships by mailing to `[email protected]` with subject kept as INTERNSHIP.