IDinsight Off Campus Drive Details:
About IDinsight: IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence- generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
Company Name: IDinsight
Job Profile: Jr. Data Scientist & Data Engineer
Degree Required: B.E/ B.Tech
Work Location: New Delhi
Experience Required: 0-4 years
About the Role for IDinsight Off Campus Drive
We are seeking candidates with a strong background in Python and core data science skills and a passion for building solutions to difficult social problems. Most importantly, successful candidates should possess the ability to work independently to solve complex challenges related, both human and technological.
As a junior data scientist, the day-to-day work may include:
- Working with clients to understand their needs: Understanding their current processes and pain points and identifying which of these can be framed as a tractable data science problem.
- Wrangling/cleaning government or client data: from extracting data from SQL databases and making api calls to scraping websites and cleaning survey data.
- Designing, testing, improving various algorithms: From OOTB scikit-learn algorithms to bespoke ones.
- Synthesising, visualizing, and communicating results: Dashboards, plots, interactive viz, presentations and reports
- Working with other team members to test and deploy these solutions.
Professional development for our technical roles is essential for IDinsight’s long-term impact. With support from IDinsight leadership, the employee will maintain self-directed professional development plans and will be given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen their professional skills. Real-time feedback and structured reviews are regularly provided to maximize each data scientist’s expertise. IDinsight’s entrepreneurial culture allows roles and career progression to be tailored to individual strengths, interests, and goals. Employees have the opportunity to increase responsibilities, and high performers will have the opportunity to move up in the organization along technical, managerial, or client-facing paths.
Required Technical Qualifications for IDinsight Off Campus Drive
Junior Data Scientist:
- Proficiency working in Python is required. Please do not apply if you are not proficient in standard data science packages in Python (numpy, pandas, scikit learn, etc.). The application will ask you specific questions on your Python abilities.
- Proficiency in understanding and coding standard supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms and components of the data science pipeline – data cleaning, feature selection, cross-validation, parameter tuning, etc.
- Sound foundations in statistics and probability.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- B.S./B.S.E. degree in Applied Math, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, or Similar Technical Field
Other required qualifications:
- Proven ability to work alone and with teams in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
- Passion for improving lives through evidence-informed policy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in languages spoken in countries where IDinsight works is a plus.
- Strong values aligned with IDinsight’s stated values.
- Ability and interest in sharing knowledge, mentoring others, presenting work and reviewing the work of others.
- Deeply passionate about global development and improving lives in disadvantaged populations
- Open-minded self-starter who will thrive while tackling new, unusual and unpredictable challenges
Preferred Qualifications for IDinsight Off Campus Drive
The most competitive applicants will also have experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience living and working in developing country settings.
- Experience working on optimization and unsupervised learning problem.
- Experience working with SQL, custom APIs and AWS products like RDS, EC2, and Lambda.
- Experience working with GIS software such as QGIS.
- Experience working with satellite imagery / remote sensing data.
Apply Before the link Expires for IDinsight Off Campus Drive.
Apply Link for Jr. Data Scientist: Click Here
Apply Link for Jr. Data Engineer: Click Here