IBM Off Campus Drive Hiring Freshers As Data Scientist: The International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries
Company Name: IBM
Job Type: 2020 Intern
Job Profile: Data Scientist
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA
Your Role and Responsibilities:
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2020 (3 months)
Data Scientists are in demand across IBM’s growth areas. If hired, you will be matched to a team based on business demand, location and fit. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
The work you may do:
- Implement and validate predictive models; create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- Use statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc. to analyze data and provide insights.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- Data analytics including identifying, retrieving, manipulating, relating and exploiting multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources including building or generating new data sets.
- Gain exposure to writing relational table queries
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources including building or generating new data sets as appropriate.
- Create and present materials on data projects, data science architecture and analytics strategies.
Who you are:
- You can debug, troubleshoot, design and implement solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a knack for analytics and solving problems using data.
- You have a strong understanding of programming languages extensively used in Data Science applications (e.g., R, Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge of statistical concepts such as probability theory and hypothesis testing.
- Must have experience coding in R and/or Python.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- Experience collaborating on coding projects, e.g. sharing code and resolving issues through GitHub.
Apply Before the link Expires for IBM Off Campus Drive Hiring Freshers As Data Scientist.