L&T Infotech (LTI), is a subsidiary of L&T – ‘Larsen & Toubro’ is a multinational company founded in 1938. L&T Infotech mainly provides IT services. It is one of the top 10 companies in India. It has its headquarters based in Mumbai, though it has a global presence in 27 countries in India, America, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific. Every year, L&T recruits lakhs of students via campus recruitments. The recruitment teams of L&T has collaborated with the leading colleges and they offer jobs to the college pass-out students for various posts. The L&T recruitment process is moderate to tough. The competitive nature of aptitude tests is taking a toll on the candidates, which is why it’s mandatory to stay ahead in race. Practice is the only key to solve l&t aptitude questions, which would help the candidates to climb up the ladder and help to get a job in one of the top-ranked IT companies in India.
Before you start preparing for the LTI campus recruitment, these below aspects would help you to spruce up the preparation well.
What is the reason for conducting an aptitude test?
- L&T Infotech conducts written aptitude test to check a candidate’s competence, logical skills, analytical abilities and communication skills.
- This test also helps evaluate a candidate’s capabilities to perform difficult tasks with ease.
- Another reason, is that aptitude test is the best filter. It helps cut down the recruiters’ job of evaluating the apt candidates. 50-60% elimination is done in this round, thereby reducing recruiter’s headache.
What is the Aptitude Test Pattern?
The aptitude test has three sections – Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Ability.
|Sections||No of Qs||Total Time|
|Quantitative Aptitude||20||90 mins|
What is the eligibility to appear for L&T recruitment process?
- A candidate should have First class (or 60%) in X, XII, and graduation.
- A year drop is not allowed in the engineering course.
What is the syllabus for L&T aptitude test?
We have already seen the test pattern. It consists of three sections – Quant, Logic and Verbal ability.
Quant consists of basic math-related questions, logical reasoning section consists of puzzles and questions which are related to your thought process and logic while Verbal ability section test your English knowledge.
Look for the below table for detailed syllabus:
|Time & Work||Puzzles||Error Spotting|
|Time, Speed & Distance||Clock Calendar||Phrase replacement|
|Arithmetic||Classification||Fill in the blanks|
|Profit & Loss||Series||Cloze test|
|Algebra||Direction and distance||Spellings|
|Blood relations||Para jumbles|
|Ordering and ranking||Para Completion|
|Analytical decision making||Odd man out|
|Mathematical inequalities||Statement and conclusion|
|Statements and Assumptions|
|Cause and effect|
|Alphabet or word test|
How to prepare for LTI aptitude exam?
Below are the tips to prepare for each section.
Tips to prepare for Quant section:
- If you are preparing quant for the first time and want to build up your concepts then start from R.S Agarwal book of Quantitative Aptitude. Go through all your chapters & practice all the questions. After solving this book for one week you will start realizing that you are grasping the concepts. Once your concepts are build up then start practicing short quizzes.
- Start with easy topics – Percentages, Averages, Simplification (BODMAS rule), Ratio and Proportion, Interest.
After easy topics, go to the moderate topics like time, speed and distance, profit and loss, number series, data interpretation and finally move on to the difficult topics such as algebra, geometry, trigonometry.
- Once you are thorough with concepts, attempt Testbook online mock tests and analyse your results.
- Use shortcut tricks to solve quant questions.
Tips to prepare for Reasoning section:
- Easy topics – classification and analogies, syllogism and verbal analogies.
- Moderate topics – Blood relations, data sufficiency, seating arrangement (linear or circular).
- Difficult/Tricky topics – coding and decoding, non-verbal reasoning, puzzles, etc.
- There are shortcut tricks to solve reasoning questions. So practice is the only key to solve these kind of questions.
Tips to prepare for Verbal Ability section:
- Make your reading speedy to the maximum. It will help you to completely solve reading comprehension related questions.
- Topics to cover – Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Subject Verb Agreement, Parallelism, Degrees of Comparison, Sentence Construction, Phrasal Verbs, Pronouns, Adverbs, Non-Finite Verbs, Common Errors, etc.
- Error-spotting is to find out the errors in grammar section. Even if you are well-versed with English, you sometimes end up making the silliest of errors in grammar. It is just a matter of practice!
- Having a good vocabulary is beneficial. Work on building your vocabulary, as it will be useful for multiple topics in the English section.
- There are no straightforward techniques for jumbling questions. Figure out your own method that suits you best.
- Ensure you are familiar with the parts of speech since they are the basic blocks guaranteeing a proper structure to any sentence.
Hope these tips will help you crack the L&T aptitude test.
All the best for your career!Udemy ₹640 New Year Sale(Biggest Sale), Check out thousands of top online Programming courses at ₹640 Only