Groupon Recruitment 2020 Hiring For Software Development Engineer Position: Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you’re ready to be part of Groupon.
Job Profile: Software Development Engineer
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/B.S/M.S
Exp Needed: 1-3 years
Job Location: Bangalore
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will take ownership of the technical aspects of our global technology infrastructure, ensuring that the platform is being used to its fullest potential through designing and building applications around our customer’s needs
- You will review and monitor current engineering work, as well as previously constructed applications, to ensure the software is running as smoothly as possible
- Work directly with our internal product teams to ensure that our technology infrastructure is seamlessly and effectively integrated with our third-party software, conceive and build the necessary applications to make this happen
- Provide support for platform related issues; Triage and fix issues reported by other teams to help with early resolution
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 1-3 years of industry experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming language like Java or Ruby on Rails
- Clear understanding of testing methodologies and standard methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Mongodb, Redis, HBase, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with e-commerce is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Algorithms and Data Structure.
- Experience in HLD and LLD
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, using agile methodologies
- Is detail-oriented and has creative problem-solving skills
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Using services oriented architecture (SOA) you will build/test for scale, performance and reliability.
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here