Expedia Group Off Campus Details:
About Company: Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
Job Profile: Graduate Data Engineer I- January 2022, Bangalore
Job Department: Data Engineering
Experience Required: Freshers
About the Job: Do you want to power the future of travel? Are you looking for a Graduate Program that’ll enable you to make a positive impact, strengthen connections, and bridge divides across the world? Then come and help us to bring people together through travel technology, while jump-starting your career in Data Engineering.
We pave the route for our early careers talent to go far and fast with accelerated career development. By joining the 2022 Expedia Group Graduate Program as a Data Engineer, you’ll complete two 6-month rotations and discover which part of travel technology excites you the most, before reaching your Destination Role with us.
About the Graduate Program for Expedia Group Off Campus:
- Team Rotations: two 6-month rotations within different teams in the same office, to build knowledge of our business and to across Expedia Group divisions. Contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive impact on travel, all while advancing your career
- Onboarding: 1-week training that covers technical and professional skills, plus an introduction to Expedia Group
- Learning Series: communities, technology talks and regular workshops to build your technical and interpersonal skills
- Leadership Series: opportunities to ask questions directly to our leaders during events, and to learn about their career journeys
- Social Events and Networking: build your network with other Graduates on the program during regular socials and join our Inclusion Business Groups
- Support Network: mentorship from a dedicated structure of Buddies, Mentors, Managers, the Early Careers and the L&D teams
- Benefits: Leisure Travel & Wellness Reimbursement, Travel Discounts, Family & Friends Discounts, Employee Assistance Program
- RSUs: Restricted Stock Units
- Destination Role: after experiencing different teams during two rotations, select a preferred Destination Role with us
What You’ll Do for after getting hired for Expedia Group Off Campus:
Travel is so much more than simply reaching your destination. Along the journey, you’ll utilize your technical skills in our agile environment to apply software design principles, data structures, algorithms and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, main table, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
- Develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- Maintain awareness of advancements, innovations and changes in technologies (specifically relating to data engineering, cloud data platforms, data models, enterprise information management, business intelligence and data science).
- Learn to think broadly and understand how, why and when policies/processes are standardized and when they differ across the organization.
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems
- Take advantage of opportunities to build new technical expertise in a specific engineering area.
- You will report clearly on the current work status
Who You Are:
- Graduating in 2020-2022 with a degree in a technical subject (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Engineering, Maths, Physics Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another technical or quantitative field)
- Available to start on January 24th, or August 22nd, 2022
- You have moderate strength in at least one language.
- Understand data patterns and storage, and software development theory and design.
- Understand how functions created to fit into team projects.
- Understand lower complexity systems.
- A basic understanding of testing and monitoring.
- You can debug code.
- Understanding of how a team`s goals fit a business need
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage with a variety of partners (e.g., internal, external, technical, non-technical people)
Next Steps for Expedia Group Off Campus
Apply now! Our dedicated early careers team will review your application and suitable applicants will be encouraged to complete an online assessment. If you are successful, you’ll be invited to a final interview. Please let us know on your application if you require reasonable adjustments during the hiring process.
Apply Before the link Expires for Expedia Group Off-Campus.
Apply Link- Click here to Apply for Expedia Group Off Campus