About Emerson: Emerson Electric Co. is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Ferguson, Missouri, United States. This Fortune 500 company manufactures products and provides engineering services for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
Job Profile: Associate Engineer – Software Testing
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
Exp Needed: 0 – 3 years
Work Location: Mumbai
- Science or Engineering Graduate in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Should have basic knowledge of what does it mean by Quality Assurance/control and Awareness of workflow followed in software testing etc.
- An attitude towards testing as a career is necessary. Knowledge of various types of testing will be required and useful. Any certification like ISTQB, is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Working knowledge of operating computer that is using windows OS and or linux OS.
- Ability to properly plan time, work management is required.
- Excellent English oral and written skills in email, documentation, phone calls, video conferencing
- Strong documentation practices
- The candidate will be working day-to-day amongst software engineers, QA staff, QA systems
- Learn and understand the application under test.
- Understand and analyse requirement specification documents. Building scenarios and use cases for existing or new functionality. Generate/review/update test suite accordingly.
- Locate to the best extent the inconsistencies, defects, performance issues etc. with help of test cases, applying mind and common sense very well.
- Apply different types of testing and various techniques in order to locate as many issues as possible to make the application under test error free.
- Use of the tools rolled out to help the testing team (e.g. QC, gerrit) in order to create tasks, defects, get latest installers, activity and time trackers etc.
- Identify new targets for automation
Apply Before the link Expires for Emerson Off Campus Drive 2020 Hiring.