TCS, Infosys, Wipro and other Top MNC's are Hiring Freshers !! Click Here to Register and Upload your resume !!
Discovery Freshers Recruitment Details:
About Discovery: Discovery is the world’s leading non-fiction media company with a reach of three billion viewers in 220 countries.
The Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is an Engineering company within the Discovery brand. DTC’s engineering teams build applications for Web, Mobile, Connected TVs and Consoles/STBs covering features like Search, Playback, ML driven Recommendation, Subscriptions, Payments etc. We are building a Global Video Streaming Platform to support a broad collection of Discovery’s brands (Discovery, TLC, Motor Trend, Golf TV, Food Network, Eurosport, and many more) including the recently launched Discovery+. These applications are powered by a fleet of cloud-native microservices for Content Ingestion, Metadata processing, Video encoding & Ad Tech platform on AWS containers & serverless-compute.
Official Website: www.corporate.discovery.com
Job Profile: Software Development Engineer
Experience Required: Freshers
Salary: Not Disclosed
Work Location: Bangalore
Meet Our Team:
The Content Systems Engineering team builds the applications and services that power Discovery’s content supply chain. Our applications cover the entire breadth of the media supply chain, from idea to distribution. We have a robust global community of thousands of internal Discovery users who rely on our apps every day to get television produced, on the air, and onto Discovery+.
We’re looking for a developer who can be an integral part of our new development team in Discovery’s Bangalore office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build application service layers to support Discovery’s content supply chain
- Lead development of complex feature enhancements within the supply chain software
- Describe and defend your code decisions to other engineers, embrace constructive feedback, and adapt your approach to align with team and company standards and objectives.
- Offer enhancements to best practices, document and design improvements, and as feedback through code reviews to other engineers without continuous prompting or recurring encouragement. Other engineers appreciate your feedback.
- Troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace etc. to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it.
What to Bring:
- 0-3 years of work experience,High proficiency with technologies on our stack including Java (Spring), Node JS, Angular or Databases like PostgreSQL and SQL queries.
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed by the project requirements
- Experience working within a SAFe Agile team, collaborating with others to build software and iteratively improve it
- You have a proven track record of designing and building applications for media workflows, media catalogs, and asset registries
- You are an effective communicator, demonstrating this in your discussions with the team and stakeholders and through your documentation
- You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
- You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration. Your team trusts your work.
What We Offer:
- A Great Place to work
- Equal opportunity employer
- Fast track growth opportunities
Apply Before the link Expires for Discovery Freshers Recruitment.