About the Company:Cerner is the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes. Around the world, health organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries turn to Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) for our powerful yet intuitive solutions. Cerner started its India Operations in 2004 and has since become a key component of the overall growth strategy.
The India operation in itself is a microcosm of big Cerner, with the activities undertaken encompassing the entire spectrum of what we do to effectively serve our clients.
Official Website: www.cerner.com
Job Profile: System Engineer
Exp Needed: 0 – 1 Years (Entry Level)
Work Location: Bangalore
CTC: Best In Industry
Degree Needed: BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech/ MCA
About the Job:
System Engineer is responsible for:
Using Grammarly In 2019 | Best Grammar Checker Online Tool | Must Have Tool for All, Download for Free
- Day to day maintenance/upgrades of Mainframe MVS system for Cerner clients. This Includes, patching the Mainframe Servers on the latest version of Z/oS operating systems, Performance analysis, capturing Live dumps and troubleshooting them.
- Pro-active monitoring of Mainframe system issues like Region issues, Storage issues and/or applying patches for Mainframe tools and upgrade them, working closely with Vendors for Mainframe Tools related issues/file downloads and apply them on Z/oS.
- Responsibility also includes, creating Initial Program Load schedules for Servers and work closely with Mainframe Operations Team and/or assist them with IPL procedures or similar, during weekends.
- Part of responsibility includes, running Traps to capture Dumps and analyze them as part of troubleshooting. This also includes, live changes to system parameters, Link Lib additions and related critical, real time procedures.
- Maintaining VM environments, Apply PTF’s based on requirements, Capacity on Demand analysis etc.
- System Engineer also provide On-call Support on rotation basis.
- Deep Understanding on MVS Architecture. MVS ADMIN certification would be an added advantage.
- In-depth Knowledge on Mainframe Product Upgrades, troubleshooting within those products and applying patches would be required for this job.
- Understanding and Troubleshooting PTF apply procedures with in Mainframe
- Knowledge in managing Mainframe VM systems.
- In-depth Knowledge, with JCL, VSAM, Sort and other utilities to aid support, will be an added advantage
- On-call Responsibilities and Flexibility to support/extend the shift based on requirement.
Apply before the link expires
Online Courses You Can Take Right Now to Advance Your Career. Click Here to Learn Java, Python, Hacking, Full Stack Development, AI, Machine learning from Scratch
Apply Link: Click HereClick Here to Download Previous Year Placement Exam Questions Papers for TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and more along with detailed solution.
Click Here To Join Our Official Telegram group for personalized and Instant Job Updates