Caterpillar Hiring Details:
About Company: Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for the best Software Engineer. Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. Think you have what it takes to develop the software and architect the platform to support Caterpillar’s digital revolution? We at Caterpillar Digital are working to put together the Digital platform for delivering industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for Caterpillar, dealers & our end customers.
Come join us in this exciting journey and be part of the world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation.
Job Profile: Associate Engineer
Experience Required: 1+ Years
Work Location: Chennai
The Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform. This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
- One year or more of software development experience or a master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- One year or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or Scala or a master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
Top candidates will also have proven experience in some of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
- Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
Apply Before the link Expires for Caterpillar Hiring.
Apply Link- Click Here to Apply for Caterpillar Hiring