About the Bank: Canara Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank is inviting applications for admissions to the specially designed One-year training course leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF). Upon completion of your course, you will be offered appointment in the bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I. There are a total of 450 vacancies to be filled. This is a golden opportunity for those who are willing to break into the banking sector. Read this article to know all about Canara Bank Recruitment including the vacancies, direct link to apply & other important details.
Important Dates for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018
|9th January 2018|
|31st January 2018|
|9th January 2018
to 31st January 2018
|20th February 2018
of Online Test
|4th March 2018|
Vacancies for Canara Bank Recruitment
* There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officer Cadre Posts.
Eligibility Criteria for Canara Bank Recruitment
A. Age Limit (as on 1st January 2018)
Minimum Age – 20 years
Maximum Age – 30 years
SC/ST – 5 years
OBC (Non-creamy layer) – 3 years
PWD – 10 years
Ex-servicemen – 5 years
B. Educational Qualification for Probationary Officer
- You should have Degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 60% marks for General/OBC & 55% for SC/ST/PWBD) from the Central Government recognized university.
- You must also possess Computer Operating Knowledge.
- You should also have knowledge of Hindi before applying or completion of the course.
Exam Pattern & Selection Process for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018
The selection process includes –
- Online Objective Test
- Group Discussion
Online Objective Test
- This test will be conducted by IBPS, Mumbai.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The minimum qualifying Marks will be decided by IBPS, Mumbai.
The exam pattern for Online Objective Test is given in the table here-under.
Group Discussion (GD) & Interview
- Once you will qualify the Online Test, you will have to appear for Group Discussion.
- For each post 3 candidates will be called for Group Discussion & Interview.
- The GD & Interview will be of 50 marks.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage
Note: During selection processes, you will have to produce your Photo bearing Identity Proof (Pan Card/ Driving Lisence, etc). Along with this your biometric data will be captured.
How to Apply for Canara Bank Recruitment
Register here- For OffCampus of Top Companies
Click to download Core java interview questions from Collections,Generics and Multithreading + Advance java interview questions of Spring,Hibernate and WebServices- More Than 1000+ Questions
- Click on the Direct Link given above.
- Fill your necessary details asked, carefully.
- Upload your scanned photograph ( 20kb–50 kb) & signature ( 10kb – 20kb).
- Fill your Educational & Personal details.
- Select the preferred Online Test Centre. (Check the list of Online Test Centres in Official Recruitment Notification.)
- Click on the preview and check if all the information you filled is correct.
- Take print out of the form for future reference.
- Submit the form.
- Once you submit the form, you will be directed to Payment.
- Make the online payment using Credit/Debit card/Net banking.
- Take print out of e-receipt for future reference.
- Alternatively, you can also apply from Official Website of Canara Bank.
- Click on Careers at the top right corner of Home Page.
- Now, click on Recruitment.
- Further, click on RP-2/2017 – Recruitment of Probationary Officers in JMGS-I on completion of specially designed PGDBF Course.
- Follow step 2 to 11 carefully.
Application Fee for Canara Bank Recruitment
SC/ST/PWD – Rs. 118/-
All Others – Rs. 708/-
Probation Period & Agreement for Canara Bank PGDBF
- Probation Period – 2 years
- Upon successful completion of the PGDBF course, if you get selected, you will have to execute an Agreement/Security Bond at the time of joining to serve the Bank for a minimum period of 5 years from the date of joining the Bank as Probationary Officer.
Institute & Course Fee
|Name of the Institute||Course Fee per Candidate|
|M/s Manipal Global
Education Services Pvt.
Ltd, Bengaluru campus
|Course Fee: Rs. 3,50,000/- to 63,000/-
Total Course Fee: Rs. 4,13,000/-
|M/s NITTE Education
International Pvt. Ltd.,
|Course Fee: Rs. 3,00,000/-
to Rs. 54,000/-
Total Course Fee: Rs. 3,54,000/-
Official Notification for Canara Bank Recruitment 2018: Download the Official Notification as PDFRegister here- For OffCampus of Top Companies
2000+ Companies Hiring B.E/B.Tech - 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Pass outs only through AMCAT - Register Here!
Like Our Facebook Page for getting latest updates on Facebook-