TCS, Infosys, Wipro and other Top MNC's are Hiring Freshers !! Click Here to Register and Upload your resume !!
Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) is a fully owned subsidiary of the Indian Railways. Notification for vacancies of Executive, Junior Executive posts in Operative & BD and other disciplines was released recently. 1074 vacancies are open out of which 442 vacancies for Executive, 521 for Junior Executive.
Owing to the second wave of the pandemic, the last date for applying to the same has been extended from May 23, 2021 to July 23, 2021. The online Computer-Based Test (CBT) is expected to take place around September/October 2021. Through this article, we will share tips and tricks to help you ace the DFCCIL preparation and crack DFCCIL 2021.
DFCCIL is inviting applications for two positions: i) Executive ii) Junior Executive. Both these positions are available for various streams, namely:
- Executive: Civil/ Mechanical/ Signal & Telecommunication/ Operation & BD/ Electrical
- Junior Executive: Electrical/ / Operation & BD/ Mechanical/ Signal & Telecommunication
DFCCIL 2021 Selection Process
The selection process includes the following stages:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
DFCCIL 2021 Exam Pattern
The question paper will comprise 120 questions for both Executive and Junior Executive candidates. The duration of online CBT is 2 hours only.
Exam Pattern for DFCCIL 2021 Executive
The exam paper will consist of 120 questions out of which 96 questions will be from the candidate’s elected stream and 24 from reasoning and G.K. The detailed exam pattern is as follows:
|Part I: General Aptitude/ Reasoning; General Knowledge|
|Computer Based Test||24||2 hours|
|Part II: Concerned Subject||96|
Exam Pattern for DFCCIL 2021 Junior Executive
For Junior Executives, the question paper will comprise 60 questions from the candidate’s opted stream and 60 questions from the Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General Science, and GK section. The pattern is: –
|Part I: General Aptitude/ Reasoning; General Knowledge; General Science|
|Computer Based Test||60||2 hours|
|Part II: Concerned Subject||60|
DFCCIL 2021 Preparation Strategy
Section-wise Important Topics
- Reasoning: Percentage, LCM & HCF, BODMAS, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Mixture & Allegation, Discount, Age, Simple Interest, Trains, partnership, Statement & Conclusion, Order & Ranking, Series, Odd one out, Statement & Assumption, Direction Test, Data sufficiency, Mirror Image, Puzzle, Alphabetical Series
3) General Science: Biology: 12-15 questions; Chemistry: 4-5 questions; Physics: 4 questions
- Miscellaneous Topics: History of Indian Railway and DFCCIL, Economics and Marketing, Customer Relations, etc.,
DFCCIL 2021 Preparation strategy: Section-wise
Preparation Strategy for General Aptitude/Reasoning
- Work smart: Before sitting down to study, go through the previous year’s papers and identify the common questions and topics throughout the years. Give extra time and effort to such topics and questions.
- Memorize important formulas: Time is the key to ace any test and to manage time one should be able to calculate fast. For this, you should memorize basic formulas, tricks, and charts. Memorize tables and squares up to 30, cubes till 20, and prime numbers till 200. Along with that, also remember percentage-related fractions up to 1/20 and trigonometric formulas, Pythagorean triplets, etc.
- To make this easier, list down all important formulas on a sheet of paper and place them on a wall just above your study area.
- Time Yourself: While solving any question, keep the timer running. Keep reducing the time as you progress ahead in your practice.
- Practice: You can ace reasoning only through practice. Practice reasoning-based questions daily.
- Look out for trips and tricks online and learn them.
- Do not waste your time on a question that seems confusing to you, leave it and move ahead. Come back to it once you’re done with the rest of the questions.
- Indulge in mock exams and quizzes online.
Preparation Strategy for General Science
- Consider class 6th-10th NCERT books as your bible and go through it nicely.
- Make proper study notes based on the books.
- General Science is a conceptual subject and hence it is important to have a clear understanding of all the basic concepts.
- Attempt quizzes and mock tests online to analyze your DFCCIL preparation.
- Focus equally on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. DFCCIL preparation
Preparation Strategy for Miscellaneous Topics in the Concerned Subjects
- Prepare Notes: Study topics like Indian Railways and DFCCIL, Economics, and Marketing well. While at it, make in-depth notes which will help you during DFCCIL preparation and
- Previous year’s papers will help you identify trends and favourite topics which you can research on.
- Keep updated reference books along with related study material.
Preparation Strategy for General Knowledge
- Incorporate creative techniques such as puzzles, flow charts, diagrams, mind maps, etc. which help bolster your memory and recall skills. Moreover, online video tutorials and assessment/feedback sessions come in handy as well.
- Refer to monthly capsules of important events and developments in the field of Science & Technology, Economics, Dates, Important Institutions, Film and television, Awards, Books & authors, etc. These are easily available online.
- Attempt short tests but keep revising General Knowledge and current affairs for at least 40 minutes otherwise, you will start forgetting. Engage in group discussions, games, and puzzles that will keep your memory refreshed.
DFCCIL 2021 Preparation Strategy: General Tips
- Prioritize topics bases on their weightage as well as on your strong and weak areas. Prioritize topics with maximum weightage.
- Make a series of one-liner questions that you find have been repeated over the years.
- Static GK can fetch you easy marks, revise it well.
- Do not miss out on the important achievement of the Indian Railways.
- Current events are very important from an exam point of and should be a part of your DFCCIL preparation.
- Practice and patience are the winning mantras for success.
- Manage your time efficiently
The best DFCCIL 2021 preparation strategy is to be calm, positive, and confident. Have trust in yourself and you’ll sail through. Best of Luck!